In this post, I’m going to help you choose the best smart mirror for your bathroom. Now, choosing to install a smart mirror is undoubtedly one of the easiest ways to update a bathroom and give it a more luxury hotel vibe but best of all, depending on what features you choose to include, a smart mirror can give you up-to-date information on the weather, the time, the indoor temperature, and more, or, you can choose to listen to your favorite music via Bluetooth – whether you are getting ready to start your morning or relaxing in the tub at the end of a long day.
Why Choose a Smart Mirror?
In fact, installing a smart mirror was exactly what we chose to do recently when renovating what looked more like a prison cell than a luxury bathroom before we moved in (as you can in the estate agent photo below left). Below right is the same bathroom as it is now with our new smart mirror installed.
As you can see, the (dimmable) lighting, provided by the smart mirror softens and enhances the overall look of our bathroom. We choose the ARTFORMA in particular for how customizable it is and for the wide choice of sizes and shapes that it comes in. I personally love the anti-mist feature which keeps the surface of the mirror clear and steam-free so I can now use the bathroom mirror to put on my makeup in the morning.
Smart mirrors don’t all have the same features, so it can be a little confusing to work out what each model does and doesn’t have. Below is a list of the main features that smart mirrors will allow you to do:
Different Features of Smart Mirrors:
- Real-time weather updates – Recognizable weather icons display sunny, overcast, cloudy, light rain, heavy rain, thunderstorm, shower, light snow, heavy snow, sleet, and haze or fog.
- Indoor temperature readings.
- Humidity readings.
- Alarm settings to help keep you on schedule.
- Connectivity to a device via Bluetooth.
- Dimmable or an option to change the color of the lighting.
- An anti-mist pad – As you can see above the pad doesn’t cover the whole of the mirror’s surface but does keep the center of the mirror (around 12″ x 16″) clear no matter how steamy the rest of the bathroom gets.
- Magnifying area for makeup or shaving and some also have a lighted magnifying area.
You may not need or want, all of the features listed here, but it is handy to know what features are available when making your choice.
To that end, we’ve done the research for you and put together full reviews, of our top recommendations so you can find the best smart mirror with all the right features for your needs.
|Features||Brand||Click Image to Read Review|
|WiFi /Weather||BYECOLD Vertical Vanity Touch Switch Bathroom Mirror|
|Customizable with a Wide Choice of Sizes|
|ARTFORMA Bathroom LED Lighted Mirror|
|Bluetooth||Gesipor Smart Bathroom Mirror with Touch Switch|
|Best Budget Option /with Bluetooth||Homecart Bathroom LED Mirror Bluetooth Speaker|
|Free Standing Smart Vanity Mirror||Hansong Makeup Mirror with Lights and Bluetooth|
Click below to jump to each topic in this guide.
Best Smart Mirror with WiFi /Weather: BYECOLD Vertical Vanity Touch Switch Bathroom Mirror
Simple and elegant with a clear display, the BYECOLD smart mirror has an impressive range of features, above and beyond the lights and anti-fog that standard touch switch mirrors have.
And in case you were in any doubt, it does have an anti-fog function – a must for any smart mirror. It’s also backlit lit with 6000K (daylight white) LEDs, which will give your bathroom an ultra-modern vibe – though if you prefer warmer lights, there is an option to request them when ordering.
And now for the clever bit:
Connect the mirror to the WiFiClock App and the mirror will give you a real-time weather forecast with 11 different icons displaying sunny, overcast, cloudy, light rain, heavy rain, thunderstorm, shower, light snow, heavy snow, sleet, and haze or fog.
Additionally, you can set the clock display to either 24 hours or 12 hours, depending on your preference. And there’s also an alarm setting – so handy if there’s a time you need to be ready by. You can even set several groups of alarms through your mobile phone and the buzzer alarm will ring inside the mirror when the timer goes off.
The smart mirror also displays the day and month, as well as the indoor and outdoor temperatures, (in either Celsius or Fahrenheit) including the humidity.
Finding your way around is easy, as you can see above, click once to turn on the LED light, double-click to open the smart interface, and press and hold to activate the anti-fog feature.
The BYECOLD touch switch mirror comes in a good range of sizes to suit any wall space – there are both horizontal and vertical options.
The mirror also comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Anti-Fog | Press and hold to activate.
- Backlit with LED lights | With 6000K (daylight white) LEDs which will last you 50,000 hours.
- Weather Forecast | 11 different icons displaying sunny, overcast, cloudy, light rain, heavy rain, thunderstorm, shower, light snow, heavy snow, sleet, and haze or fog.
- Clock Display | To either 24 hours or 12 hours.
- Alarm Setting | Set it on your phone and the buzzer inside the mirror will ring when to time is up.
- Date Display | Day and Month.
- Indoor and Outdoor Temperatures | In either Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- Humidity Display | Displays indoor and outdoor humidity.
Buying Factors to Consider:
If you were hoping this mirror would be able to play music too, unfortunately, it doesn’t – but our next option does.
The Smart mirror will only work on your 2.4Ghz WiFi network, if you are using a dual-band router, you will need to split up the 2.4G and 5G network, or turn off the 5G signal until you complete your WiFi connection.
Customizable with a Wide Choice of Sizes: ARTFORMA Bathroom LED Lighted Mirror
We choose the Artforma for main reasons two reasons. One was size. The Artforma is available in an extensive range of sizes and shapes (there’s even a smart bathroom cabinet option to choose from) so we were able to choose the exact size that we needed, in our case 43 inches x 31 inches, to make the most of the space we have.
Secondly, the Artforma is fully customizable.
The Artforma comes with a choice of cold white 7000K or warm white 3000K. We chose warm white. As you can see in our photo in the intro, the light is more on the neutral side than yellow/orange, which for us was perfect. There is a touch button located on the mirror’s surface in the center that allows you to turn the light on and off conveniently, and just so you know, the button remains illuminated, so it’s easy to find in the dark.
You can also choose to include or exclude any of the following features below:
- Digital Clock – (12 / 24 h).
- Wi-Fi Weather Station – Displays weather, temperature, and time based on location.
- OptiWhite – An OptiWhite surface has better reflective qualities.
- Bluetooth Speaker.
- Makeup LED Mirror – 3x zoom with lighting.
- Makeup Mirror – 3x zoom only.
- 2-year warranty.
Below is the back of the mirror. You can see that the mirror is well packaged.
What We Like:
- The mirror is high-quality and looks very stylish.
- We love the fact that it’s completely customizable.
- And that there’s such a wide choice of size options as well as mirror shapes and styles.
Buying Factors to Consider:
The more features you include the more the price increases so you’ll need to keep that in mind when choosing your options.
Best Smart Mirror with Bluetooth: Gesipor Smart Bathroom Mirror with Touch Switch
A Bluetooth connection lets you play your favorite music with 360-degree surround sound through this stylish, touch switch smart mirror.
And as we all know bathroom acoustics are perfect – so go ahead and sing along.
And if your phone rings – you can quickly answer it by pressing the touch switch button on the mirror.
You’ll notice straight away that this mirror (unlike our previous pick) has the light-strip built into the mirror’s design. Although the one we have featured is framed by a mirrored edge, there’s also an option to choose one that has the light strip framing the edge of the mirror.
They are both equally stunning, and whichever design you choose, the light is dimmable and easily adjustable from a 6000K daylight white to a 3000K warm white – with a simple 3-second press of the switch.
Additionally, the mirror features an anti-fogging function that is accessed through a designated button on the display panel and although this mirror doesn’t give you a weather forecast, it does display the temperature as well as the time.
The mirror comes in a range of size options and orientations to suit any bathroom wall space.
The mirror has a 3-year warranty for peace of mind.
- Bluetooth connection | The smart mirror lets you play your favorite music with 360-degree surround sound.
- Call Function | If your phone rings, you answer it by pressing the touch switch button on the mirror.
- Two Lighting Modes | The mirror can be switched between a 6000K daylight white to a 3000K warm white with a simple 3-second press of the switch. Additionally, the light is dimmable.
- Anti-Fogging Function | It has a designated antifog button.
- Temperature and Time Display | There is no weather function o this smart mirror but it does display the temperature (in celsius) and the time.
Best Budget Option/with Bluetooth: Homecart Bathroom LED Mirror Sensor Touch
The Homecart smart mirror is our budget choice and although it has fewer features than our other two picks, it does have Bluetooth.
At well under $200 it’s suitable for those on a tight budget, and excellent value for money.
Simply connect it to your phone and with a touch of the button you can play music through the hidden speakers in the back of the mirror.
The mirror is backlit by 4000K LEDs which is a cool white and it also has an anti-fog function.
The mirror measures 23.6 x 31.5 x 1.2 inches and is only available in this size.
- Features Bluetooth | You can play music from your phone or iPad through the hi-fi speakers on the reverse of the mirror.
- Backlit with 4000K LEDs | Which is a cool/neutral light.
- Anti-Fog Function | Activated by a touch of the button.
Buying Factors to Consider:
The mirror only comes in the one size shown above, so this needs to be taken into consideration when choosing this option.
Additionally, we should mention that the anti-fog strip covers a large square in the central area of the mirror at the back. This means the outer edges of the mirror won’t de-fog, but this isn’t really a problem as the central area of any mirror is the most functional part anyway.
Best Free Standing Smart Vanity Mirror: Hansong Makeup Mirror with Lights and Bluetooth
For a fraction of the price of a full-sized smart mirror, the Hansong Make up mirror is a small, free-standing version of the smart mirror – and an absolute must-have for doing your hair and make-up.
Simply connect the mirror to your phone through Bluetooth and you can listen to your favorite music while you are getting ready. And if your phone rings – you can even take calls.
What we love about the mirror is the way it can so easily be swiveled 360 degrees – so you can choose whether to position it in the horizontal or vertical position.
The addition of the included 3.5-inch detachable magnifying mirror with a magnification of 10X is great for make-up details or zooming in on those pores. Simply stick it to the mirror’s surface with the suction cups when needed.
Press and hold the touch button for 2-3 seconds and you can adjust the brightness of the light.
And what we particularly like is the flip power switch on the back to prevent the mirror lights from accidentally being turned on during travel or when in storage.
- Bluetooth Connection | This mirror lets you play your favorite music, while you get ready for the day.
- 360 Degree Swivel | This means you can easily change the orientation of the mirror from vertical to horizontal.
- Detachable Magnifying Mirror | The 3.5-inch, 10X magnification mirror is great for detailed make-up or checking out those pores.
- Adjustable Brightness | Plus a flip power switch to prevent the lights from turning on accidentally.