It’s so easy to add a touch of luxury to your backyard, patio, or deck area just by adding the best soft top gazebo. Best of all, you’ll transform a baking hot outdoor space that would otherwise drive you inside to get out of the sun, into a cool oasis of shade and relaxation.
With so many on the market to choose from, we’ve done all the research for you and have provided in-depth reviews to help you choose the best one for your outdoor space. From an initial 20 plus brands, we’ve narrowed our recommendations down to the 5 best soft top gazebos on the market today.
And don’t worry if bugs are a problem. Choose a gazebo that comes with a mosquito net and you can enjoy eating alfresco or relaxing outside in the evenings too – completely bug-free.
So let’s dive straight in.
|Our Top Pick – Best Soft Top Gazebo with Privacy Curtains and Mosquito Net (10×10′)||Christopher Knight Home Sonoma Canopy Gazebo |
|Best Alternative Soft Top Gazebo with Privacy Curtains and Mosquito Net (10×13′)||Grand Patio Gazebo |
|Best Soft Top Gazebo with Mosquito Net (10 x 12′)||Sunjoy Regency II Patio Gazebo |
|Best Wind, Weather, and Fade – Resistant Soft Top Gazebo – Sunbrella* (10 x 13′ or 12 x12′)||EliteShade Sunbrella Titan Patio Gazebo |
|Best Pop Up / Portable Soft Top Gazebo (11 x 11′)||COOL Spot Pop-Up Gazebo Tent|
Our Top Pick – Best Soft Top Gazebo with Privacy Curtains and Mosquito Net: Christopher Knight Home Sonoma Canopy Gazebo (10 x10′)
The Sonoma is perfectly designed to make relaxing or entertaining outdoors comfortable and enjoyable.
The canvas wall panels can be attached & zipped closed to give you a cool shady place to relax on a baking hot sunny day.
And in the evenings – it doesn’t matter how much of a bug battleground your backyard or patio area becomes – simply zip-close the mosquito screen and no bugs can get in to spoil your fun.
What we love about this gazebo, is that both the screen and the outside canvas cover are detachable and have independent zippers for each section. You can basically customize your soft top gazebo any way you like depending on temperature, weather conditions, bug population, or simply for privacy.
So let’s get down to the details:
The soft top and solid fabric panels are made from UV-resistant polyester.
To be clear, UV-resistant means just that – it’s resistant to fading so your gazebo is designed to stand up to long hot sunny days without fading.
That said, if you live in an extremely sunny location, you should consider a gazebo that is made with Sunbrella fabric as that is the only fabric that’s completely UV proof – but as you’d expect, it comes at a higher price.
If you think this is an essential feature for your location, you can skip straight to that section here.
For most locations, however, UV-resistant polyester will stay true to its original color season after season.
The soft-top roof has an air vent to prevent hot air from accumulating inside. And don’t worry, the opening is netted so no bugs or mosquitos can find their way in.
Now, you’ll no doubt be wondering if this gazebo will stand up to windy weather?
The answer is, yes, absolutely! The high-grade, powder-coated steel frame is very sturdy. Two holes in the square base of each leg, allow you to bolt or anchor the gazebo to secure it. Once secured, either by fixings or weighted with sandbags, it will stand up to strong winds with ease.
Our only small criticism of this soft top gazebo is that the mosquito net isn’t tied down at the bottom corners so you may want to secure it yourself – just so it doesn’t blow about in the wind.
That said, for a 10 by 10 feet living space for entertaining or simply to relax in the shade on a hot sunny day, the Sonoma is amazing value for money and affordable enough to suit any budget.
This was a no-brainer for our top pick.
What We Like:
- Includes a Mosquito Screen and an Outside Cover | They have independent zippers and they’re detachable too. You can basically customize your soft top gazebo any way you like.
- Sturdy, Wind Resistant Construction | The high-grade, powder-coated steel frame is very sturdy. Two holes in the square base of each leg, allow you to bolt or anchor the gazebo to secure it.
Buying Factors to Consider:
While the canvas fabric isn’t completely waterproof, a simple scotch guard spray will completely waterproof the fabric for you.
It should go without saying, though, that you shouldn’t allow any water to build upon the roof or it may distort your fabric.
Best Alternative Soft Top Gazebo with Privacy Curtains and Mosquito Net: Grand Patio Gazebo (10×13′)
The Grand Patio Gazebo is our alternative top pick.
It’s similar to the Sonoma we’ve just looked at, but there are a few differences that may appeal to you more.
Firstly, you’ll notice it’s rectangular in shape. At 10 by 13 feet, it’s a little larger than our previous choice. Though there is also a 10 by 10 feet version to choose from.
The 10 by 13 feet version we fave featured above, is a beautiful cool gray, which may, or may not, match your outdoor decor more.
The gazebo comes with zippered bug and mosquito protection as well as a zippered privacy curtain.
The fabric itself is heavy-duty, PA-coated polyester, which is water-resistant, UV protected, and fade-resistant, offering you 99% UV protection from the sun’s harmful rays.
Like our top choice, it has a sturdy construction. The columns and frame are made from rust and corrosion-resistant aluminum, and powder-coated steel.
Once properly secured, either with screws or anchors, this gazebo will hold up well in windy conditions.
The canopy has a netted wind vent which prevents heat from building up inside.
What We Like:
- Includes a Mosquito Screen and an Outside Cover | Like our top choice, they have independent zippers and they’re detachable so you can customize your soft top gazebo as needed.
- Heavy-Duty Fabric | The fabric is PA-coated polyester, which is water-resistant, UV protected, and fade-resistant, offering you 99% UV protection from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Sturdy Construction | The columns and frame are made from rust and corrosion-resistant aluminum, and powder-coated steel.
Best Soft Top Gazebo with Mosquito Net: Sunjoy Regency II Patio Gazebo (10 x 12′)
This soft-top gazebo with its decorative black steel frame is already the most elegant and pretty gazebo we have seen.
But it gets better. It comes in three gorgeous colors, hunter green, maroon, and chocolate brown. And if that’s not enough to sway you, it also has built-in features such as 4 corner shelves, 4 plant rings on the outside corners, and a center ring to hook up a light or fan.
So you can add your own personal touches to make it a truly stunning feature of your outdoor space.
The 100% polyester fabric roof is water-and-fire-resistant and the canopied roof has a built-in netted vent.
What we love about this gazebo is the way that the zippered mosquito netting is designed to go around the outside of the corner posts.
It may seem like the most logical way to design the curtain, but the Sonoma gazebo above has netting on the inside that unless you do a bit of DIY to tie the net to the posts at the bottom, the net tends to blow about in the wind.
Like our previous picks, this gazebo will need to be secured – either with screws, bolts or anchors and once secured, it will stand up well to windy weather.
What We Like:
- Decorative Black Steel Frame | The frame is functional, sturdy, and pretty too. It even has corner shelves built-in to the design.
- Zippered Mosquito Netting | Designed to go around the outside of the corner posts so it won’t blow about in the wind.
- Good Color Choice | The color options will brighten up any outdoor space.
- Additional Features | The 4 corner shelves, 4 plant rings on the outside corners, and a center ring to hook up a light or fan extra are all extra features that will make it easy to dress your gazebo beautifully.
Best Wind, Weather, and Fade – Resistant Soft Top Gazebo – Sunbrella*: EliteShade Sunbrella Titan Patio Gazebo
If you live in an extremely sunny location, chances are, even the most UV-resistant fabric will fade on your gazebo, if that is, it’s not made of Sunbrella fabric
We’ve talked about, or rather raved about, Sunbrella fabric here at Comfy Zen before.
Sunbrella is more than a fabric – it basically a technology.
So here’s the big deal:
You see, Sunbrella isn’t just a fabric that’s dyed on the surface like all the rest. It’s made from acrylic fibers that are actually dyed all the way through.
Now, these dye pigments are highly UV-resistant, mold-resistant, and mildew-resistant.
That means, the fabric won’t fade, and any mold won’t stick. It will just wipe clean away – you can even clean Sunbrella with bleach, and and it’s machine washable too.
Sunbrella fabric is also breathable, which means it will feel much cooler to sit under, on hot sunny days.
…And on not so sunny days? Sunbrella is water repellant so a sudden down poor isn’t going to leave you with a soggy leaking canopy.
To be frank, Sunbrella products do cost more than those made with regular UV-resistant fabrics, but the beautiful orange of this EliteShade Sunbrella gazebo, shown below, won’t fade to a non-descript sickly pink after just a few seasons in the sun. Sunbrella fabric will easily last 10 to 15 years.
And this soft top gazebo is strong too. Anchor it down, and this one isn’t going anywhere in strong winds.
The frame is constructed of powder-coated, heavy-gauge extruded aluminum
…And we love that it’s wrapped in a coffee bean-colored rattan. The perfect match for your rattan furniture.
What We Like:
- Sunbrella Fabric | This fabric is highly UV-resistant, mold-resistant, and mildew-resistant. It’s also water repellant and should last around 10 -15 years.
- Rattan Frame Design | It’s very high-end looking and sturdy too. It’s made from powder-coated, heavy-gauge, extruded aluminum, wrapped in a coffee bean-colored rattan.
Buying Factors to Consider:
While the EliteShade Titan Gazebo is a more considered purchase, it will last and look new for years to come. It’s well worth the investment.
Best Pop Up / Portable Soft Top Gazebo: COOL Spot Pop-Up Gazebo Tent (11 x11′)
The Cool Spot pop-up gazebo is completely portable.
It’s lightweight and even comes with its own carry bag, so it’s ideal for camping, day trips, or if you’re not feeling adventurous, simply for hot sunny days relaxing at home.
What we love about the Cool Spot is that it’s so easy and convenient to store away for the winter months or on windy wet days.
That means, unlike others that are intended to be left in place and would, therefore, take some take serious dismantling, this gazebo is likely to give you years of good use and you don’t have to worry about whether it will survive a storm.
So let’s look at the details.
The canopy is made from water-resistant and CPAI-84 flame-resistant 150D Oxford fabric which offers UPF 50+ UV protection against the sun’s harmful rays.
It also comes with a mosquito net that’s zippable on all four sides.
The frame is high-grade engineered steel and it’s powder-coated for rust resistance and durability.
It comes with ropes and stakes to secure the tent. But we recommend extra measures to secure it against sudden gusts of wind.
It’s easy to assemble, though we recommend more than one person to help assemble it.
What We Like:
- Portable | It’s lightweight and even comes with its own carry bag, so it’s ideal for camping, and day trips, etc. It even comes with its own carry bag.
- Affordable | It’s a great low-budget option, and if you don’t leave it up during very windy weather or over the winter months, it should last you for years.
Buying Factors to Consider:
You definitely need to secure it, but with non-permanent fixings as it’s not intended to be left up permanently. And you do need more than one person to put it together. But look after this gazebo and it should last you for years.
Other Soft Top Gazebos We’ve Reviewed:
These are the products that didn’t quite make our top picks, but they’re still pretty good so you might like to take a look:
This one is great for camping trips and days out.
- Sets up in 45 seconds and is ready to use right out of the box.
- Built-in mosquito net.
- Includes tent stakes, tie-down ropes, and an oversized carry bag
This has a very stylish, high-end look and it comes with a built-in serving shelf.
- Stylish railing with built-in shelf.
- Steel and aluminum construction is rust and chip-resistant, with a powder-coated finish.
- Take a closer look below.
Sunjoy 10′ x 12′ Monterey Gazebo
Similar to the Sunjoy Regency from our top pick list. It does have a slightly different look to it.
- The curved metal pattern on each of the corner panels.
- Easy to clean, 100% polyester canopy.
- Zippered Mosquito Netting is designed to go around the outside of the corner posts so it won’t blow about in the wind.
Portable with Wheeled Carry Bag
PHI VILLA 13’x13′ UV Block Sun Shade Canopy
Ideal for shade on the go.
- Easy to put up.
- 100% waterproof material with reinforced rust-proof frame.
- Great Budget option
Suntime Outdoor Pop Up Gazebo
This one also comes with a wheeled carry bag and it has a bug screen and even comes with solar-powered lights.
- 150D polyester fabric that is water and UV-resistant, UPF 80+, blocks 95% of UV rays. It is also CPAI84 certified, fire-retardant.
- It features 4 LED solar-powered lights.
- 4 zippered mesh sidewalls